Re: [CORE] Release schedule?

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] Release schedule?
Date: 2000-04-18 17:02:42
Lists: pgsql-docs

Okay, now I'm getting *really* *really* confused here *sigh*

What exactly am I supposed to be pulling, using wget, to add to the
release? Looking in postgresql-v7.0RC1/doc, there are already .tar.gz
files in place, as taken from teh CVS repository ... but, looking inside
of these, they are from Aug 7th ...

... so, am I supposed to be taking what isn't currently in
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/7.0/docs and replacing the existing
.tar.gz and .ps.gz files as part of the release? *raised eyebrow*

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > > Okay, I'm blind, but I thought that we were doing a 6.5 vs 7.0 docs tree
> > > also ::( but I can't find it anywhere ...
> > It's in the user's lounge. I haven't put it online yet. I've been
> > working on the bugtool which is about ready. Besides, they're not
> > due till 7.0release (*ducking*). Take a look at:
> > www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/6.5/docs
> > I think. For 7.0 replace the 6.5 with 7.0...
>
> Right; sorry about getting the path wrong.
>
> I just put in a man.tar.gz for 7.0, and I've got the tutorial.ps.gz
> ready to go (but forgot to take it off my laptop; should remember to
> do it tomorrow).
>
> I'm going to assume that the docs are more-or-less frozen after I
> leave for vacation tomorrow, and I'll work a bit on them while I'm
> away. afaik they will be about ready to go on May 1. The html versions
> are very quick to do, and if people have real corrections to make they
> may as well continue to make them. I'll see them in the cvs tree and
> can backpatch to the printed docs if it isn't too ugly.
>
> I'll do the admin doc and the INSTALL page last, after I return. I'm
> planning on adding a "Things to know" section to the release notes, to
> help those upgrading from a previous version. Bruce, are you still
> planning on making big changes to the release notes (I recall mail
> saying you were going to do so last weekend??) or are they pretty good
> already?
>
> - Thomas
>
> btw, are we sticking with the ".tar.gz" format for the html docs in
> our release tarball? I think we should at least until we are done with
> the 7.0.x releases, since changing it does require someone to take
> ownership of the "make install" issue.
>
> --
> Thomas Lockhart lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
> South Pasadena, California

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org