Re: the Chinese version docs

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the Chinese version docs
Date: 2000-04-13 09:41:06
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > I only have the docs there, I'll take care of the faq's and stuff later
> > when I have slightly better connectivity.  There will be alot more in
> > that section. The index page needs to be changed and I need to put it into
> > cvs.
> > Now where are the 6.5 docs you mentioned above??
>
> They are in CVS, and I'll copy them in. What I think I'd like to do is
> provide docs for (up to) several recent versions of Postgres; would it
> be possible to put move the docs stuff in the "users-lounge" down one
> level (to, for example, docs/v6.5/postgres/) and then softlink that
> set up to docs/ to get the current release docs in the most accessible
> place on the web page (just as is done now)?

Ok, I created the directory .../users-lounge/6.5  put them in a directory
called docs in 6.5.  I already did it for 7.0.  We can put patches for
previous versions in there too - or rather links to them.

> > > For the nightly builds, I'd like to post the cron log file on the web
> > > site too, so people can see the results of markup changes they make.
> > > And I'd like to start posting a tarball of the latest sgml sources so
> > > that people can contribute to docs without having to get the entire
> > > development tree.
> >
> > That will be in what's soon to be called the 'developer's corner'.  The
> > map, devlp info, current docs and a buncha other stuff will be there.
> > It's also where the current ports status will be.
>
> Great, then the current nightly build stuff can go there, pretty much
> like it does now.

Exactly.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com    http://www.pop4.net
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking