Re: the Chinese version docs

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: "He weiping\(Laser Henry\)" <laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the Chinese version docs
Date: 2000-04-12 15:17:38
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > At present, I'll put them on those site and do update, and I'll very
> > appreciate for you to mirror them also.
> > Thanks.
> Vince, is this easy to do? Could we use wget or something to snarf
> them on a regular basis?

Dunno, I always left that stuff up to Marc but I imagine I can get wget
to grab it.
> Also, I know we were waiting until after v7.0 to rearrange the doc
> locations in the directory tree, but I'd like to consider doing that
> now. Could we have subdirectories, say docs/v6.5/ and docs/v7.0/ for
> released versions, and for the development docs either the same
> locations as now (e.g. docs/postgres/ and docs/user/) or another
> subdirectory (e.g. docs/dev/) for the nightly builds.

I was splitting the docs off into a user's section.  I just copied them
over, for now they can be found here:

I only have the docs there, I'll take care of the faq's and stuff later
when I have slightly better connectivity.  There will be alot more in
that section. The index page needs to be changed and I need to put it into
Now where are the 6.5 docs you mentioned above??
> For the nightly builds, I'd like to post the cron log file on the web
> site too, so people can see the results of markup changes they make.
> And I'd like to start posting a tarball of the latest sgml sources so
> that people can contribute to docs without having to get the entire
> development tree.

That will be in what's soon to be called the 'developer's corner'.  The
map, devlp info, current docs and a buncha other stuff will be there.
It's also where the current ports status will be.

Lotsa changes in the not too distant future.

Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
        Online Campground Directory
       Online Giftshop Superstore