RE: THE Postgres WEB SITE

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'Byron Nikolaidis'" <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Jeff MacDonald <jeff(at)hub(dot)org>, Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
Subject: RE: THE Postgres WEB SITE
Date: 1999-11-12 13:37:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Dave Page wrote:

> I agree that the site does need better links to software and related
> projects. I've just had a look at the site to remind myself, and it is very
> difficult to find things (as I recall I previously used to look at the
> listing of the additional software on the distribution CD if I wanted to
> know what else was out there).

*hang head* that's what I've always done too :)

> The third section is one I would be interested in. My staff and I are
> writing software for PostgreSQL that maybe of use to others, and I'm sure
> others must be doing the same (either commercial or open source - in fact if
> any has any financial ledgers...). I appreciate that the User Gallery is
> (intended as) a listing of what PostgreSQL is being used for/with, but
> perhaps a more moderated list of what people can actually download or buy
> would attract more potential users.

Jeff has been working on cleaning up the User Gallery listing to get rid
of the cruft...but...

If I were to sit down this weekend and write up an "Applications" listings
page, what fields should be included?  This is the biggest problem I have
with doing this, I never know what all should be included :(

If someone wants to make me a form that looks good and is complete, I'll
do up the backend coding and setup the databases for this...I can write
code, but I'm *terrible* at doing visuals ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org