Re: [INTERFACES] no more ODBC

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)solipsys(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] no more ODBC
Date: 1999-08-26 18:37:50
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Byron Nikolaidis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As you may or may not have known, I am currently unauthorized to make
> any updates to the Insight web site for the odbc driver. I have access
> to the cvs tree at hub.org, so I can make source code changes, but no
> way that I know of to distribute binaries for Windows.

I'd happily create an ODBC-bin directory (or similar) for you on the main
ftp site, which means all the mirrors would pick it up also, and we can
just as easily create an odbc 'sub-section' off the web site if you wish
to maintain that also...

> Also, I have no way of testing any changes to the driver since I don't
> have a server running postgres to use.

Anyone out there using ODBC that feels it is important enough to them to
help Byron out here? :)

Basically...tell me what you need and we'll do what we can to provide
it...

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org