Re: [SQL] Re: need urgent help

From: Jie Liang <jliang(at)ipinc(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Re: need urgent help
Date: 2001-06-17 22:13:36
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

Tom,
Might be.
It seems that something wrong in our input data at centain line.
I don't know how it happened.
Because I have to turn our database on now, so I might check it out later.
The whole thing is :
we pg_dumpall(v7.0) from our database.
then we reload with

gunzip -c dump.gz|psql templete1 after we upgraded to postgresql-7.1.2

just that table failed, however some use defined function failed
when we use them, so we re_create every function(plpgsql,plperl)
with a script. then seems ok now.

HOWEVER, we seems to have a new problem:
I feel it slower than before, I might missed something
urldb=# \d urlinfo
Table "urlinfo"
Attribute | Type | Modifier
-----------+--------------------------+----------------------------------
url | text | not null
id | integer | not null
ratedby | character varying(32) |
ratedon | timestamp with time zone | default "timestamp"('now'::text)
comments | text |
list | smallint |
pidwsr | integer |
Indices: urlinfo_pkey,
urlinfo_ukey
urldb=# select count(*) from urlinfo;
count
---------
1298542

I vacuumed urlinfo already.
urlinfo_pkey is primary key (id), urlinfo_ukey is unique key (url)
when I:
SELECT id FROM urlinfo WHERE url='http://*.yahoo.com';
It seems taking me longer than before.

Jie LIANG