Re: Possible bug with permissions. (Table A has select , insert, update rights but has a reference to a second table that only has select rights)

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Wendel Leibe <wleibe(at)teamdev(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible bug with permissions. (Table A has select , insert, update rights but has a reference to a second table that only has select rights)
Date: 2000-10-10 02:56:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

It's been discussed a fair bit in the mailing lists but I don't think it's
made the documentation. The triggers use SELECT FOR UPDATE to get the row
locks but that forces the update permission need. In 7.1 this should be
gone (Peter E had a patch to remove the most common cases of this).

Stephan Szabo
sszabo(at)bigpanda(dot)com