clarification

From: Jeff MacDonald <jeff(at)pgsql(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: clarification
Date: 2000-02-21 20:00:20
Lists: pgsql-docs
Hi,

I was reading the MVCC docs and came across this statement

"Postgres doesn't remember any information about
modified rows in memory and so has no limit to the
number of rows locked without lock escalation. "

And this is how i interpreted it.

you can have unlimited rows locked with out it going to a 'table
lock'

Do these two staements say the samething ?

Jeff MacDonald
jeff(at)pgsql(dot)com

 So long as the Universe had a beginning, we can suppose it had a
creator, but if the Universe is completly self contained , having
no boundry or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed
 It would simply be.

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: infoDate: 2000-02-22 14:30:53