Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] RE: file name error (fwd)

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] RE: file name error (fwd)
Date: 1999-11-24 18:30:18
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-hackers
On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 1999-11-23, Thomas Lockhart mentioned:
>
> > Was someone going to rewrite the installation procedure? I was looking
> > at it myself and agree with the thread from a month or two ago that it
> > is *much* too complicated and verbose. Several steps should be moved
> > to subsequent sections as reference or backup material (e.g. flex,
> > regression tests), and the whole thing could be substantially
> > condensed.
>
> Along the way, I am currently collecting evidence for a
> installation/makefile/autoconf/source tree cleanup. The documentation
> update should probably be done along with this. When I get some time (not
> before the end of this year) I would be willing to work on this, perhaps
> together with Vince, as he had some good ideas a while back.

I looked around on three different machines for the document I was working
on when I finally realized why it's nowhere to be found.  I deleted it
'cuze it became clear that configure needed to be changed and there's a
good chance it's beyond me to do it.  I was thinking along the lines of
an additional --with for the postgres user and using that for install.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com   flame-mail: /dev/null
  # include <std/disclaimers.h>       Have you seen http://www.pop4.net?