RE: file name error (fwd)

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: file name error (fwd)
Date: 1999-11-23 10:34:08
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Forwarded from webmaster.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:17:14 -0600
From: Brian D. Woodruff <wood(at)TuneStreet(dot)com>
Subject: RE: file name error

ooh - sorry to be so vague! It's in a frame set, linked from Administration
in the Documentation section. The URL is:

http://postgresql.org/docs/admin/install761.htm

steps in the list which have problems are:

4, 6, 10, and 26

due to the "v" in the filename which is not in the filename on the FTP server.

other parts of the install process have incorrect paths, for instance, in
step 11, there is a change directory issued to:

/usr/src/pgsql/src/

which should really go to:

/usr/src/pgsql/postgresql-6.5.3/src/

This occurs in several places in the doc.

Apparently the path above is where the tar file puts things.

Other than that, the installation went well! This installation is on my
third server. Having fun with it :-)

You can see it in action on the order page of www.IncWay.com :-)

Again, I hope I'm being helpful! Thanks!

BDW