RE: [DOCS] web page and Daemon News article

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-documentation <docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [DOCS] web page and Daemon News article
Date: 1999-06-01 15:05:21
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Mon, 31 May 1999, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
>

> > On 29-May-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > Someone mentioned that if the traffic on the web site increases because
> > > of the article, perhaps we should get the new web design installed. He
> > > said the current site has broken links, and does not reflect well on the
> > > quality of PostgreSQL.
> > >
> > > Comments? How are are we from completion? I would like it done for
> > > 6.5 final anyway.
> >
> > I'd like to know which links are broken. I've been knocking them out as
> > I find them. It does appear that there are misconfigured mirrors, but I
> > don't have a list of which are messed up. Many that I've checked were
> > fine.
>
> Kinda curious as to what's happening with the new pages that you and
> Dmitry were working on...I thought that every had agreed that we were
> going to switch over to that? :(

I *had* been waiting for Dmitry. I'll see what I can do without too much
disruption of existing content. The one *good* thing about frames is that
the page style can be changed and the content can sit in its own files
almost completely undisturbed. The new style isn't frames so individual
pages will have to be built - right now only a couple of them are so this
won't be an overnite thing. I want to get as much as possible into tables
to pages can be generated easier, but that task has just begun.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com