Re: [HACKERS] regression output

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: prlw1(at)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] regression output
Date: 1999-04-26 13:39:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I figured ppl would figure it out on their own, but to help things along,
I've removed the old system-specfic .out files altogether and added a
system.sh script...

the script outputs the output that regress.sh uses, in my case
'i386-freebsd', to use for the .out files that are system specific...

Please submit appropriate patches for .out files for the various
systems...will be doing Solaris over the next few days...

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Patrick Welche" <prlw1(at)newn(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk> writes:
> > [ system-specific regress 'expected' files not getting found on NetBSD ]
> >
> >> Didn't someone just change that stuff to depend on config.guess instead
> >> of PORTNAME?
> >
> > I changed SYSTEM back to uname -s, so "int2" and "int4" both worked again.
>
> This indicates that whoever modified regress.sh to use config.guess
> instead of uname did a pretty incomplete job, ie, didn't rename all
> the expected files appropriately.
>
> I still think that is a good change to make, but *not* if it's going to
> be done in a half-baked fashion. We have to either finish the job or
> revert to what we were doing before.
>
> My guess is that we will need a new configuration file in the regress
> stuff to map config.guess outputs into 'expected' file names. Otherwise
> we'll end up with many duplicate copies of the same 'expected' file for
> various Unix variants...
>
> regards, tom lane

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org