Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Webpages Online

From: Mike Meyer <mwm(at)phone(dot)net>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Oliver Andrich <olli(at)rhein-zeitung(dot)de>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, announce(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Webpages Online
Date: 1999-04-09 18:20:04
Lists: pgsql-announce

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:11:52 -0300 (ADT)
> From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
> To: Mike Meyer <mwm(at)phone(dot)net>
> Cc: Oliver Andrich <olli(at)rhein-zeitung(dot)de>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>,
announce(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Webpages Online
>

> Sorry Mike, but ... if we wanted boring, we'd be still running a gopher
> server :( When Vince and gang started working on revamping the site, I
> asked for but one thing...something that was visually appealling, and,
> IMHO, that is what they provided.

I *expected* that reaction. I do informative and readable, not
visually appealing. Have you looked at the FreeBSD and Python sites I
provided a pointer to yet? Both of them are more visually appealling
than what I did, while at the same time being *much* more usable than
the two variations on the PostGreSQL site.

<mike