Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Hal Snyder <DrXyzzy(at)mediaone(dot)net>
Cc: Jan Wieck <jwieck(at)debis(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, robinson(at)netrinsics(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO
Date: 1999-03-29 12:54:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 29 Mar 1999, Hal Snyder wrote:

> jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck) writes:
>
> > Is that all now the final? Should the logo go onto all the
> > menu pages for the left frame?
>
> I think the new logo looks very good and fits PostgreSQL nicely.
>
> But, I wouldn't put it at the top of every menu. At the top of the
> home page, yes. And at the bottom of a few key content pages.
>
> I hope the purpose of the web site is not to get more people to think
> about elephants and diamonds when they see "PostgreSQL" and vice
> versa. The Internet is already awash in logos.

I don't know...I think the menu should always have the same look and feel,
no matter what page you are on. Might need to be scaled down a little
bit, but having that elephant/diamond combination at the top of the menu
no matter where you are on the web page, I think, led's uniformity to the
pages...

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org