New Mailing List...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 1998-11-27 13:22:48
Lists: pgsql-general

	I've just setup a new "mailing list" that isn't really a mailing
list.  Its one and only purpose is to give you a place to subscribe to,
from a secondary site, so that if you post to any of the other lists, it
will go through.

	Okay, that's vague...

	Basically, whenever you send to the mailng lists, it checks the
list and will only allow the email to go through *if* you are on the list.
Of course, most ppl have a work vs home account, and don't want to be
subscribed using both, but try to post with both.  One will fail.
Subscribe the one that you don't want to receive mail to, but send from,
to the new list, and you're mail will go through.

	The new list:

	Hopefully our webmaster will put up a much better description then
this when he gets a chance? :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Patrick VerdonDate: 1998-11-27 14:40:12