Re: [HACKERS] configure template-matching change

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] configure template-matching change
Date: 1998-11-23 05:20:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Tom Lane wrote:

> *However*, I'm not too sure that the shell-script constructs I used
> are 100% portable.  If you find that configure now goes belly-up when
> you leave off --with-template, please let me know.
>
> I checked this into the 6.4 tree as well, since it is in response
> to a recent complaint that 6.4 fails to configure correctly on
> SunOS 4.1.3...

	Please reverse it from the v6.4 tree until such a point in time
that you are certain that it *is* going to work for all platforms.  The
v6.4 is meant to be stable at all times, and, from your para two up, you
aren't certain what platforms this change will break...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org