Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.4 items

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: brook(at)trillium(dot)NMSU(dot)Edu, jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.4 items
Date: 1998-10-29 04:32:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Doesn't work under Solaris, but, then again, neither does sendamil's, so
> > that isn't a shock :)
>
> Man, if sendmail's doesn't work, that is really broken.

Solaris just doesn't have any mechanisms to work around the
limitation, I guess *shrug* It really sucks when you want to SIGHUP the
"parent process", which, under FreeBSD at least, is the one that states:
-accepting connections, but under Solaris they are *all* the same :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org