Re: [HACKERS] Configure problem, redux (was Re: TCL installation troubles)

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Taral <taral(at)mail(dot)utexas(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Configure problem, redux (was Re: TCL installation troubles)
Date: 1998-10-28 02:04:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> [Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> > > We do insist on gmake. Can't compile without it.
> >
> > Then can we use the gmake 'include' instead of the configure *.in files?
> >
> > > Like the term "sed monsters"?
> >
> > Yes :)
>
> So you output all defines into a single file, and include that in every
> Makefile. That is interesting.

Technically, we are doing that now with Makefile.global ... its
included in every Makefile in the system, and has CFLAGS and such defined
in it. It wouldn't be unreasonable to have a MISSING_OBJ= put into
Makefile.global, and remove the Makefile.in in the backend/ports
directory... *shrug*

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org