Row versioning in the ODBC driver...

From: Tom Samplonius <tom(at)sdf(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Row versioning in the ODBC driver...
Date: 2000-09-11 02:27:01
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-interfaces
  Row versioning in the ODBC driver apparently does not work because of a
missing operator.  The FAQ solution is contained below.  The answer
suggests that this problem should be fixed in PostgreSQL 6.4, but I'm
using 7.0.2 and I still get the missing operator error if I attempt to
enable row versioning.

  Is it possible to get this operator included in the next release?

How do I use the row versioning -OR- why do I get a message about no
operator for xid and int4?

Some of the operators are missing in the current release of Postgres so in
order to use row versioning, you must overload the int4eq function for use
with the xid type.  Also, you need to create an operator to compare xid to
int4.  You must do this for each database you want to use this feature on.
This will probably not be necessary in Postgres 6.4 since it will be
added.  Here are the details:
create function int4eq(xid,int4)
    returns bool
    as ''