Re: Old ODBC Driver references on website

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, "pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Old ODBC Driver references on website
Date: 1998-07-27 15:04:08
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Byron Nikolaidis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am posting this to the mailing lists in the hopes I can at least get
> some kind of a response after several ignored requests.
>
> On the Postgres website, the "HOW-TO" page under "info central" takes
> you to "sunsite.unc.edu" which has greatly outdated information on it
> about the ODBC drivers for Postgres.

Unfortunately, we have no control over that HOW-TO, and I've sent,
in the past, email to the author of it concerning various things that have
gone unanswered :( I would have to recommend trying to contact the author
directly, as it is not something that we can change :(

> For that matter, is there anyway to point people who go to MageNet to
> the right address, like a forward page? This is important because Web
> search engines (yahoo, alta-vista) will still send you to MageNet if you
> search on odbc and postgres.

Again, you'll have to talk to Julie @ MageNet about making
appropriate changes...we have no control over that :(