From: Harri Varpanen <hvarpane(at)abo(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SYSVSEM?
Date: 1998-06-08 09:19:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'd like to begin experimenting with databases so I installed the
FreeBSD port for postgreSQL 6.3.2. The installation went well but I don't
seem to get anything done; this is what I get:

$ createuser (or any command whatsoever)

Connection to database 'template1' failed.

PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel
before responding. This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
before or while processing the request.

createuser: database access failed.

And, the kernel gives:

/kernel: cmd postgres pid 13794 tried to use non-present SYSVSEM
/kernel: pid 13794 (postgres), uid 70: exited on signal 12 (core dumped)

What to fix? The port seems to do things a bit different compared to the
instructions on the pgsql web pages, should I try without the port?

Harri Varpanen
FreeBSD 2.2.5-STABLE

this is everything

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Ivan CornellDate: 1998-06-08 10:51:59