initdb failing on a WARN:heap_modifytuple error

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Fran Fabrizio <fran(at)primary(dot)net>
Subject: initdb failing on a WARN:heap_modifytuple error
Date: 1998-05-21 02:00:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

Here is a transcript of what happened when I tried to run initdb on my
system. My system is Linux 2.0.32 Redhat 5.0 and I was installing Postgres
6.3.2

I can't find any documentation on this particular error. Thanks!

-Fran

postgres:src$ initdb
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/local1_template1.bki.source as input to
creat
e the template database.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/global1.bki.source as input to create
the glo
bal classes.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pg_hba.conf.sample as the host-based
authenti
cation control file.

We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=100).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

initdb: creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1
WARN:heap_modifytuple: repl is \ -9
initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
postgres:src