Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ODBC 16 bit support

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>
Cc: "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)hub(dot)org>, Stephen Davies <scldad(at)sdc(dot)com(dot)au>, "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ODBC 16 bit support
Date: 1998-04-19 17:47:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> I remember several requests for supporting at least Win32, but as
> nobody was ready to do much about it, the whiners were told
> to buzz off and the #ifdefs for WIN32 were removed (was it since 1.0.1
> or 1.0.9 ?)

	Close, but no prize...yes, WIN32 #ifdef's were removed, since a)
they didn't work and b) nobody was working on it.

	As for telling ppl to buzz off...go read the archives a little
more closely... each time someone asks, we tell them that its not support
and ask them for patches to make it happen. *shrug*  Nobody, yet, has done
anything about it ...

	We don't support Windows because nobody out there seems to care
enough to do anything about it...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org