Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ODBC 16 bit support

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Stephen Davies <scldad(at)sdc(dot)com(dot)au>, "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ODBC 16 bit support
Date: 1998-04-19 16:20:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Julia A.Case wrote:

> Quoting Stephen Davies (scldad(at)sdc(dot)com(dot)au):
> > Not a good example I think. The 16/32-bit ODBC question says nothing about
> > dropping features. As I said above, ODBC is ODBC: you either conform or you
> > don't. If there happen to be differences between the levels of conformance or
> > of performance between 16 and 32-bit models, that would be a pity but not
> > earth shattering.
> >
> But there should be one code tree... With some #ifdef's not 2
> seperate code tree's. I think this is the point everyone is making.

Its kinda sad when a piece of software as small as the ODBC driver
can't deal with two different OSs (16bit vs 32bit Windows), while
PostgreSQL itself, substantially larger, can currently handle *how* many
totally disparate operating systems, from totally different vendors??

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org