Re: remote machine cant see postgresql with ODBC

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Lyndon Sundmark <lsundmar(at)mail(dot)bc(dot)rogers(dot)wave(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: remote machine cant see postgresql with ODBC
Date: 1998-03-22 17:11:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
This email has been redirected to pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org ...
postodbc-users(at)listserv(dot)direct(dot)net is no longer considered "The Official"
mailing list monitored by developers...

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Lyndon Sundmark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having problems getting POSTODBC to talk to my postgresql database.
> Here is what I have done and what works.
>
> -I have compiled postgresql on linuxppc machine and it has compiled and
> installed successfully.
> -I can use psql on the linuxppc machine and do the things the
> documentation saya ican do
> - I have installed postodbc on a separate pentium box on the network
> running Windows NT Workstation.
> -I have edited the Hosts file on the pentium to associate a name of the
> linuxppc machine to the ip address
> -I can ftp to the linuxppc machines name now, and also http to it
> -My first compilation of postgresql was with all defaults- so hba was
> set on
> -I set up an entry in the pg_hba.conf file of 0.0.0.0   0.0.0.0 so that
> all hosts would be allowed/trusted
> -I ran postmaster on the linuxppc machine
> -I set up ODBC to look for port 5432 on the linuxppc machine
> -The ODBC driver when used, cant find a data source
> -I tried to telnet into the linuxppc machine to the 5432 port- no
> connection can be made
>
> what this means is that postgresql  seems to be accessible from the
> linuxppc machine but not my pentium.
>
> i recompiled postgresql with hba  set off and did all the above again to
> no avail.
>
> Does anyone know why postgresql might not be accessible from the other
> machine?
> I have tried virtually all of the things icould see in the FAQs and it
> still isnt seeing it?
>
> Any help would b e appreciated. Thanks   :-)
>
> please respond to my email address

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Bruce StephensDate: 1998-03-22 17:17:29