Re: [QUESTIONS] Don't Flame

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Michael J Schout <mschout(at)gkg(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] Don't Flame
Date: 1998-03-07 18:39:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Redirected to 'the proper list' - pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org

On Sat, 7 Mar 1998, Michael J Schout wrote:

> > My question, which I hesitate to even ask, is to ask if there
> > is anyone doing or planning to do a port to NT? I'd love to use
> > the same database under Linux, Solaris and NT.
>
> I dont think that there are any plans for a port.  HOWEVER, I would be
> just as happy if I could access the database running on a UNIX server
> from NT.  Currently the only way to do it is via JDBC.  I had heard
> rumors that with the release of tcl/tk 8.0, the new features may make it
> possible to write a native tcl version of libpgtcl, so that would be a
> good step in the right direction.  Ideally Id like to be able to access
> the database from NT using perl, C, and PHP.  But I dont know if this is
> possible yet.

	PHP has a win32 binary available for it now...haven't tried it
myself, but I imagine it shoudl work under NT, no?  There was a
pre-compiled libpq created at one time also...and, with the proper modules
in place, Perl should work as well...you'd just need to copy Pg.pm over to
the NT system...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

pgsql-interfaces by date