Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...
Date: 1998-03-03 03:35:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> It's OK Marc, us linux'ists weren't offended _too_ much by that quote :))

	I'm such a trouble maker, but I find most Linux'ers such easy easy
prey *grin*  I have this University full of Linux'ers that you can spark
up just with a comment like "Linux != Unix"...which, it isn't, its a
Unix-like clone...but they can't seem to figure the distinction *rofl*

> fwiw, I think he was drawing an analogy with the whole web/net thing, ya
> know, as opposed to the floppy disk mailings you BSDers use *ducks head*

	*hrmmm*??  floppy disk maillings?  Now, which camp came up with
CVSup again? *raised eyebrows*  We have up to the minute access to any
kernel changes...and you guys?  How often? *grin*

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org