Re: [HACKERS] SunOS patches

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp, PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] SunOS patches
Date: 1998-03-02 04:01:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> gcc -I../../include -I../../backend -I/usr/include/ncurses
> -I/usr/include/readline -O2   -m486 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -I..    -c
> pqcomm.c -o pqcomm.o
> pqcomm.c:569: warning: no previous prototype for `StreamDoUnlink'
> ipc.c: In function `exitpg':
> ipc.c:139: warning: implicit declaration of function `StreamDoUnlink'
>
> Seems to run OK though. Would like to get the warnings out of there for a
> release. I didn't pay attention to Tatsuo's earlier patches since they didn't
> directly affect my platform; where would these things be declared? Can Tatsuo
> come up with a few more patches to fix this up? It would be worth waiting a few
> hours on the release to get SunOS in there (the docs claim it is supported :)

	What he said... :)

	Tatsuo...could you send me a clean patch that fixes the above and
includes the last patch?  I'll end up scrutinizing it in the morning, most
likely, before applying it, but it would be nice to get it in before I
bundle things...

	As long as I'm confident that it won't affect anything or anyone
else :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org