Re: [HACKERS] Is "CREATE DOMAIN" in 6.3 ??

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: al dev <aldevpgsql(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-questions(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Is "CREATE DOMAIN" in 6.3 ??
Date: 1998-02-28 20:10:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, al dev wrote:

> Hi:
> Is create domain command implemented in 6.3??
> I am trying to use
>   create domain employed as char(10)
>   check (
> value = "YES" or
> value = "NO" or
> value = "RETIRED" or
> value = "DISABLED" or
> value is NULL
> );
> in SQL scripts but is failing in 6.2.1 postgresql.
>
> I can find work around BUT there are tons of create domains in my SQL
> scripts and will be very tedious.
> By the way, create domain is in defined in SQL 92
> see this chapter 42 in
> http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/Database-HOWTO.html

	I took a look here, and it didn't say (at least not in chapter
42)...what exactly does 'create domain' do?  We don't, and won't, have it
for v6.3, not with a release in a few days, and since I do recall anyone
else having mentioned it before, it isn't on our TODO list, but sounds
like something else to be added...

	But, a short description of what it does would be nice, as I've
never heard of that one before :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org