MySQL has gone GPL

From: Daniel Freedman <freedman(at)ccmr(dot)cornell(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MySQL has gone GPL
Date: 2000-06-28 16:39:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

This is quite off-topic, but thought people might be interested in it, in
case they hadn't heard yet (and I thought, considered it is off-topic in
general, I'd be better off putting it to hackers than general).  Apologies
in advance if I'm wrong to do so.

Anyway, Yahoo reported this morning
(http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/000628/ca_va_linu.html) that MySQL formed a
strategic alliance with VA Linux and released their MySQL product under
the GPL license.  Now, I've never used MySQL, and, in the learning stages
of transferring some of my Oracle knowledge to Postgres, I've really
started to love PGSql, but I thought the developers might want to be aware
of this development.

Take care,

Daniel