Re: Strange INSERT phenomenon with key constraints

From: ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca
To: Lukas Ertl <l(dot)ertl(at)univie(dot)ac(dot)at>
Cc: "D(dot) Duccini" <duccini(at)backpack(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange INSERT phenomenon with key constraints
Date: 2001-05-02 22:56:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Lukas Ertl wrote:

> On Wed, 2 May 2001, D. Duccini wrote:
>

> > PERL buffers its output -- you'll need to flush it after each line
>
> I have a
>
> $|++;
>
> at the beginning of my script, so it shouldn't be a problem.

$| is a per-filehandle magic variable. You have unbuffered
stdout (probably), but is that the filehandle you want unbuffered?

Gord

Matter Realisations http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101 9504 182 St. NW Edmonton, AB, CA T5T 3A7
780/481-8019 ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
780/993-1274 (cell)