Re: converting seconds since epoch to time string

From: ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca
To: Bill Morrow <wmorrow(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: converting seconds since epoch to time string
Date: 2000-11-15 01:48:47
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Bill Morrow wrote:

> I have an integer column which holds a time represented
> as the number of seconds since 1970/01/01 00:00 UTC. I want to
> view this table with the time converted to an understandable text string.

If perl programming is remotely involved at any point in this,
I heartedly recommend you view Date::Manip, the swiss-army
chainsaw of Date/Time manipulations.  The only thing it seems
to barf on is character time zone data.  There are too many
time zones which have the same abbreviations.

Gord

Matter Realisations     http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101  9504 182 St. NW    Edmonton, AB, CA  T5T 3A7
780/481-8019            ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
780/993-1274 (cell)