More Re: 7.0.2 regressions testing on Sparc running 2.5.1

From: ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: More Re: 7.0.2 regressions testing on Sparc running 2.5.1
Date: 2000-08-31 19:26:55
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Tom Lane wrote:
> ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca writes:

> > The makefile in regress/sql deletes the create_function_1.sql,
> > create_function_2.sql, copy.sql, contraints.sql and misc.sql
> > files when you run make all.  Then when you run make runtest,
> > those tests fail (cause error messages) are the executable
> > scripts are no longer there.

I still don't know why make deletes those files, maybe I'll
try to trace that later.

The errors I'm seeing upon loading the file are
a little baffling to me.  The path mentioned in the error
message to the shared object library is correct, and if I
load the file into emacs, I can find the symbol it is complaining
about (or at least a text string with that symbol, in this
case the symbol is CurrentMemoryContext).  If I run
objdump on the file, I get the following for CurrentMemoryContext:
00000000        *UND*  00000000 CurrentMemoryContext

I'm sort of guessing that somehow my mishmash of Solaris
and GNU is building a bad shared object file.  But having
never debugged anything like this before, the going is slow.

Matter Realisations
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101  9504 182 St. NW    Edmonton, AB, CA  T5T 3A7
780/481-8019            ghaverla @