Fourth email on compilining 7.0.2 on Solaris 2.5.1 (fwd)

From: ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fourth email on compilining 7.0.2 on Solaris 2.5.1 (fwd)
Date: 2000-08-18 19:07:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

> I added a line to config.h in the section on vsnprintf
> which did a #include <varargs.h>

I guess I should learn to read the manpages a little closer.
What I needed to ad was a call to stdarg.h, since everytime
a variable number of arguments were present, there was at
least one known one. I made 2 changes to the PostgreSQL
source tree to get the compile to run (no idea if things
work at this point):

1) Add a
#define SOLARIS251 1
to the end of include/config.h
2) Add a
#if defined( SOLARIS251 )
#include <stdarg.h>
#endif
immediately in front of the declaration of vsnprintf in
include/c.h

I suspect that this problem could be handled by tweaking the
configure setup, but I don't know enough about it.

Gord

Matter Realisations http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101 9504 182 St. NW Edmonton, AB, CA T5T 3A7
780/481-8019 ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca