Third email on compilining 7.0.2 on Solaris 2.5.1

From: ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Third email on compilining 7.0.2 on Solaris 2.5.1
Date: 2000-08-17 16:49:22
Lists: pgsql-novice

Well, I am slowly making headway on my own, but it
would be nice to know if this hasn't already been
gone through and a patch was forthcoming. :-)

I added a line to config.h in the section on vsnprintf
which did a #include <varargs.h>
This got past the initial compile problem I was having.
How other architectures can include a vsnprintf() function
without including varargs.h I don't know. Anyway, the
compile goes quite a ways and dies, again on a varargs
problem. A module assumes va_start takes 2 arguments,
when my header files say only 1. I guess I have more fun
to come.

I'm still hoping someone has gone through this, but if not
I'll come up with some diffs later.

Gord

Matter Realisations http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101 9504 182 St. NW Edmonton, AB, CA T5T 3A7
780/481-8019 ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca