More on 7.0.2 compile problem

From: ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: More on 7.0.2 compile problem
Date: 2000-08-17 15:16:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

I did a grep -n snprintf * */* */*/* from the src directory,
and I seen something odd in the output:

backend/port:2:snprintf(dot)c^(at)^@^(at){^R^_^@^T^@ \
srandom.c^A^A^A^A{^R ^(at)^X^@^L\
strcasecmp(dot)c^(at)^@^(at)^@P^R!^(at)^T^@

(all of that is one line) This is the only odd bit of output
in the grep. Doing a directory edit with emacs doesn't show any
odd characters in the file name, but srandom.c and strcasecmp.c
are the 2 files following snprintf.c in the listing. There are
a couple of strange looking symbollic links (go up 2 levels, then
back down the same 2 levels they went up, and then down to a
subdirectory of port). I'm guessing that this directory strangeness
is what is causing the make to fail, but I have never seen anything
like this before.

Gord

Matter Realisations http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101 9504 182 St. NW Edmonton, AB, CA T5T 3A7
780/481-8019 ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca