Attribute 'name' not found ERROR for postgres and java

From: "suhail sarwar" <sarwar(at)postmaster(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Attribute 'name' not found ERROR for postgres and java
Date: 2001-04-28 11:58:54
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I am getting this sql exception  "Attribute 'name' not found" and I can't seem to figure it out at all. I have a java program that creates a table in postgresql using a prepared statement and that bit works. Then I have added another prepared statement to populate the table with values (see below):
PreparedStatement stt = db.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO Test1 " + "VALUES (100, name, age)");
stt.executeUpdate();

There is a column in the table Test1 called name but it is unpopulated and the above code should insert the values. However I get the sql exception attribute name not found.

If I change 'name' in the above code to say 'neat' then the sql exception changes to "sql exception attribute 'neat not found".

Does anyone know what is happening.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Sarwar

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Eric Naujock Date: 2001-04-28 11:59:15