Runtime Problems

From: "Richard Luckhurst" <rickl(at)soundadvice(dot)aunz(dot)net>
To: "PGSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Runtime Problems
Date: 2004-05-18 03:54:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi All

Just to see if it was me having problems building Postgresql I just
downloaded
the binary from last night and tried to install and run that. I get all the
same errors
I have been getting with my build. Before trying the downloaded binary I
removed any
other development versions from my PC. It doesn't seem to matter what I put
after
the initdb command I still get the same error.

So even with a precompiled binary I still get

initdb -D c:\pgsql\data -W --lc-collate=C
Bad command or file name
fgets failure: No error
Bad command or file name
fgets failure: No error
The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was not found in
the directory "c:/msys/1.0/local/pgsql/bin". Check your installation
Richard Luckhurst
Manager / Engineer
Sound Advice / BSP Internet Services
P.O. Box 104