Re: PostgreSQL BSDI BSD/OS port

From: "David J(dot) MacKenzie" <djm(at)web(dot)us(dot)uu(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org, djm(at)web(dot)us(dot)uu(dot)net
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL BSDI BSD/OS port
Date: 2000-07-07 19:57:47
Lists: pgsql-ports
> I have made a new BSDI item #3 for your semaphore changes.  I did not
> make the shared memory changes you suggested because it requires changes
> to the kernel include files and the config files.  I prefer suggestting
> the change only in one place.  If it were not for the requirement of
> #ifndef, I would prefer the config file change.

Perhaps you're in a small organization?  We're a large ISP and
build several kernels with different configurations from the same BSDI
source tree, for use on machines with different purposes and hardware.
So setting the values in the include files is not an option for us.

I've sent mail to BSDI suggesting that they add the #ifdef, so perhaps
it will be there in BSD/OS 4.2.

pgsql-ports by date