PostgreSQL, Java & JDBC

From: "Johnny Predicto" <nospamherepleaseglos(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL, Java & JDBC
Date: 2001-10-27 07:29:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,
these questions may sound a little newbie-like, but i hope that someone can
help me with this.

I have created a new class, lets say classX. Now I want to create a new
object in a postgreSQL database , type: classX. Is it correct that I call
the following command?
((org.postgresql.Connection)mycon).addDataType("classX", "my.class.classX");

Then I want to put a new created instance c ( ClassX c = new ClassX(); ) of
this class in the database. How do I do this? And how do i get it out of the
db again?

Thanx in advance.
Johnny.