Windows client from 7.4beta5 source

From: "Daniel Vogel" <da-vogel(at)zuercher-hs(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Windows client from 7.4beta5 source
Date: 2003-10-24 05:38:28
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hallo All,

is it possible, that the compilation of the windows client from beta 5
source tree no longer works with MS VC++ 6.0?

According to the documentation, I simply stated 'nmake /f win32.mak'.

The compiler complains about missing header files <pthread.h> and <pwd.h> in
'port/thread.c'. I commented out these two lines and libpq.dll builds
without problems.

When it comes to 'psql.exe' the build process is aborted once again due to
an unresolved external 'simple_prompt'.

Since I only needed 'libpq.dll' this is no problem for me. But, just in case
I did not miss something, it possibly is a bug that should be reported
before 7.4 is released.

Thanks for this great database!

Regards,
Daniel Vogel