Re: BUG in Unicode Driver - was: Re: Can't get more than 255

From: Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey(at)proteus-tech(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG in Unicode Driver - was: Re: Can't get more than 255
Date: 2002-11-29 20:31:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hiroshi -

Thanx very much for looking into this. Attached is the mylog file and the sql code the
create the table. Its a big nasty table to be sure and will only display data when viewed with the
Unicode driver. Also - I tried the 0005 driver but when it came to listing the tables for selection all I
got was a bunch of 'p'. Looks like the took the 'p' from public_TABLENAME so I cannot link
anything with the Unicode driver under 0005.

The problem we're trying to fix is getting my text fields to be recognized as memo fields
under Access 97. The non-Unicode drivers do this but they can't display the data (I think because
they choke on the odd field names perhaps?). Let me know if there's anything else you want me to
try.

My settings are as follows:

Postgres 7.3b5 under Linux compile options '--with-perl' '--with-python'

PostgresSQL + Unicode (Beta) 7.02.00.04
KSQO, Recognize Unique Indexes, Use Declare/Fetch,Parse Statements, MyLog, LF<->
CR/LF, Updatable Cursors, Row Versioning, Disallow Premature : checked

Unknown sizes = Maximum
Text as LongVarChar
Bools as Char
Max Varchar: 254
Max LongVarChar: 8190
Cache Size: 100
SysTable Prefixes: dd_;
Int8 As: default
Protocol: 7.X,6.4+
OID Options: Show Column & Fake Index checked

many thanx,

Ben Scherrey

11/27/2002 9:15:59 PM, Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

>Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
>>
>> 11/27/2002 8:48:29 PM, Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
>> >Hmm strange.
>> >Here, if I turn on the *Text As LongVarChar* DSN option
>> >I see a memo field and if I turn off the option I see
>> >a text field.
>> >Do you relink the table after you changed DSN options ?
>> >
>> >regards,
>> >Hiroshi Inoue
>>
>> Yeah - I redo everything from scratch each time to ensure
>> that its a fresh connection. Are
>> you using the Unicode driver when this happens for you?
>
>Yes.
>
>> FWIW - we've still got Access 97 here
>> but it recognizes memo fields correctly with the other two drivers.
>> What version of Access are you running?
>
>I'm using Access 2000 here.
>OK could you send me the Mylog debug output ?
>
>regards,
>Hiroshi Inoue
> http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/

>subscribe-nomail command to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org so that your
>message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Attachment Content-Type Size
hiroshi.zip application/zip 80.0 KB