new driver build announcements?

From: "Andy Kriger" <akriger(at)greaterthanone(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Jdbc" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: new driver build announcements?
Date: 2003-01-21 20:04:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

(apologies if this shows up twice - I think it got reject the first time,
resending to be sure it makes it)

I was running into a problem with getImportedKeys & getExportedKeys taking
forever and a day. After a scan of the list archives, I checked for a newer
driver build (I was using 106) and that fixed the problem (and how - times
dropped from minutes to split seconds - great fix!).

However, I didn't see:
* an announcement of the driver on pgsql-jdbc
* any information on the front page of http://jdbc.postgresql.org/
* a readme file of what changed btw 106 & 107

Basically, no info that could help people use the JDBC drivers most
effectively. Wondering if the jdbc.postgresql.org site is really where I
should be looking for info or if there is a better site available.

Things that'd help:
* announcements of new builds
* readme files for new builds
* an update of the jdbc.postgresql.org site (e.g. the front page latest news
ends with 30 Nov, and the other resources link points to a JDBC2 compliance
page last tested against postgres7.1.2)

While I'd love to offer my time to do this, I'm swamped with work right now
(talk to me in a month or two and things might be better). Any thoughts from
the JDBC developers?

thx
andy kriger