Importing data into postgres through PGADMIN

From: "Karthi Kannan" <Karthi(dot)Kannan(at)rmsi(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Importing data into postgres through PGADMIN
Date: 2006-01-23 15:51:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Good Morning.

We are planning to use postgresql for our Spatial database. Today we have
sucessfully installed the same in our system and created a database and a
table with few columns. Now we need help in the following areas.

How to import data from legacy files to postgres ? (Csv or Txt or any xls)
How to enable running / writing queries from PGAdmin.

Your respose at the earliest is appreciately.

Thanks in advance for co-ordination

Regards,

Karthi