Re: Dynaset support

From: greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com
To: Garo Hussenjian <garo(at)xapnet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dynaset support
Date: 2007-07-20 21:28:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Wich version of the PG ODBC driver are you using.

The dynaset, and keyset functionalities vary I believe.
I for instance am using 8.02.02.
The 8.1 version took a bit of a different paths.
Some people are no doubt at 7.3 versions.

Greg Campbell ENG-ASE/Michelin US5-US7
Lexington, South Carolina
US7: 803-808-9057, x49057
US5: 803-951-5561, x75561
greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com

Garo Hussenjian <garo(at)xapnet(dot)com>
Sent by: pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
07/20/2007 15:19

pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
cc

Subject
[ODBC] Dynaset support

I have been running Datacard's IDWorks w/ an ID card printer for
about 4 years w/ PostgreSQL's ODBC driver on windows w/ no
problems... It connects to my postgresql database version 8.1 running
on an OS X server onsite...

Recently we added a new station and we discovered that the newer
versions of the IDWorks (5.0 - 6.1) software were throwing errors and
crashing on startup... the explanation from Datacard we received was
that the newer versions required dynaset support... I'm not familiar
w/ dynaset but I assume it would be part of an ODBC driver?

Any insight would be appreciated... Is dynaset support available for
pg-odbc?

Regards,
Garo

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster