Re: " for read only" clause appended for safety when UseDeclareFetch=1 breaks some sql statements with trailing semicolons

From: Jack Wilson <ljwilson(at)digitalav(dot)com>
To: inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: " for read only" clause appended for safety when UseDeclareFetch=1 breaks some sql statements with trailing semicolons
Date: 2008-03-07 19:49:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hiroshi,

I get slightly different error now:

Error: 42601 ERROR: syntax error at or near "a";

Here is the sql statement with the trailing semicolon I'm testing
with--substitute a valid table name for the word 'my_table' below:

SELECT pg_attribute.attname, pg_attribute.attnotnull,
pg_attribute.atttypmod, pg_type.typname
FROM pg_attribute
JOIN pg_class ON pg_attribute.attrelid = pg_class.oid
JOIN pg_namespace ON pg_namespace.oid = pg_class.relnamespace
JOIN pg_type on pg_type.oid = pg_attribute.atttypid
where pg_namespace.nspname = 'public'
AND pg_class.relname = 'my_table' and pg_class.relkind = 'r' and
pg_attribute.attnum > 0
ORDER BY pg_attribute.attnum;

Thanks...jack
Who: L Jack Wilson
Where: ljwilson(at)dNiOgSiPtAaMlav(dot)com
How: Remove Capital Letters from above for a valid email address
Why: Standard Disclaimer fits nicely here.