pgadmin III - database backup / restore

From: paul(dot)n(dot)shortis(at)mainroads(dot)qld(dot)gov(dot)au
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgadmin III - database backup / restore
Date: 2004-08-16 04:04:28
Lists: pgadmin-support

I'm investigating the use of Postgres for a future project & have installed
beta 8.0 using the windows installer which includes pgadmin III. Everything
works great, I can create tables etc. Connect from external applications...
but, no matter what I do the Backup and Restore options on the pgadmin
Tools menu remain disabled (irrespective of selected node in the tree). I
can't find any mention of this feature in the online help or on mailing
lists etc.

Can anyone enlighten me ??

Paul

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or Maritime Safety Queensland, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.