Re: Function Hangs

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Function Hangs
Date: 2002-02-13 18:07:52
Lists: pgsql-novice
Thanks.  Stupid question:  Where would I find the database log?

Patrick Hatcher
Legacy Integration Developer
415-932-0610 office

                    "Josh Berkus"
                    <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>           To:     "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>,
                    Sent by:                       pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
                    pgsql-novice-owner(at)post       cc:
                              Subject:     Re: [NOVICE] Function Hangs
                    02/12/2002 09:43 PM

> Any help would be appreciated.

Take a look at your postgres log and see if you're getting a deadlock
 warning.  The last time I had a looping function lock, it was because
 I was (unintentionally) trying to update the same records multiple
 times ...

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Mo HolkarDate: 2002-02-13 18:09:53