securing pg_catalog

From: Mark(dot)Miller(at)tavve(dot)com
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: securing pg_catalog
Date: 2004-09-16 14:09:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

I want to create a user that has read only access to the tables in a
schema. I was able to configure that fine, but that user can see all of
the information in the pg_catalog schema. I do not want this user to be
able to see anything other than the one schema, I tried revoking rights to
schema pg_catalog but the user could still see data from the pg_catalog.
Is there a way to prevent access to pg_catalog schema for a specified user?

TIA,
Mark

Mark Miller Tavve Software Co.
Tavve Software Co. One Copley Parkway, Suite 480
www.tavve.com Morrisville, NC 27560
Mark(dot)Miller(at)tavve(dot)com +1 919-654-1220
fax +1 919-380-7147