Feature Request - sql result pane column auto-sizing

From: Mike(dot)Blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Feature Request - sql result pane column auto-sizing
Date: 2006-11-20 16:37:49
Lists: pgadmin-support

While we're on feature requests...

I'd really like to see something akin to Excel's Format / Column / AutoFit
for the sql result / table edit pane. We have a number of tables that
have many small fields. While scrolling will let me see all the columns,
if the columns were sized to the text contained in them, the entire row
would fit nicely on one screen. As it is, I end up manually resizing the
columns to make it fit, as it's a pita to scroll back and forth to read
each row.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying your latest release. It seems you've
taken care of my old pet peeve somewhere along the way, too (losing data
entered for a new row in the table edit pane when a contraint violation
occurs).

Thanks for all your work on pgAdmin. It's greatly appreciated here!

Mike